What if my felony conviction was in another state?
A person wishing to restore their civil liberties must do so in the state in which the felony conviction occurred. Many states automatically restore a person's civil liberties upon completion of probation or discharge from the department of corrections. A person should contact the state in which the conviction occurred to obtain information regarding the restoration process.

Show All Answers

1. What rights are lost when a person is convicted of a felony?
2. Can a person restore their civil liberties?
3. What if my felony conviction was in another state?
4. What if I was convicted of a felony in federal court?
5. How do I know if I am eligible to restore my rights?
6. What is setting aside judgment?
7. Where can I get an application?
8. Where do I get a copy of my Absolute Discharge?
9. Once I complete the application to receive a copy of my Certificate of Absolute Discharge, then what?
10. My Felony was dropped to a Misdemeanor, but background checks are still showing that I have a felony. Why?