MCACC's New Hope Program
What is the New Hope Program?
MCACC's New Hope Program is another innovative way we work with our community to find positive outcomes for Maricopa County's shelter animals. This program allows us to coordinate life-saving efforts with other reputable animal welfare organizations who understand that animal homelessness is a community problem that requires a community solution.
New Hope Partner Application Process
A New Hope Partner is an organization or entity that has completed the MCACC New Hope Partner application and contract process and has been approved by the Maricopa County Board Supervisors to take shelter animals into their program. Animal rescue organizations, animal shelters, animal welfare organizations, and veterinary hospitals are all welcome to apply to become a New Hope Partner with MCACC.
- Review and download the New Hope Partner Application.
- Review all documents in the below Resources tab carefully to determine if participation as a New Hope Partner is a good fit for your organization.
- Return the completed application, along with all requested documents, via email or mail to the attention of New Hope Program Submissions - New Hope at MCACC 2500 S 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85009.
- Once received, the completed application packet will be reviewed. MCACC may conduct a site visit as part of the initial approval process.
- Upon department approval, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment to review and Docusign the New Hope Program Contract. The contract must be signed by the Director/President of your organization.
- As the final step in the application process, MCACC will add your contract to the agenda for the next available public meeting of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.
- After we have received the fully executed contract from the Board, you will be provided with a signed copy for your records, and your organization will be officially considered a New Hope Program Partner!
Your patience and cooperation are appreciated as the full application process may take up to 8 to 12 weeks to complete.
If your organization is interested in partnering with MCACC, please email ACCNewHope@maricopa.gov. Responses are normally sent within 24-48 hours from time of receipt.
The following resources are for qualifying animal welfare organizations interested in supporting the mission and vision of Maricopa County Animal Care & Control.
Healthy dogs over the age of three (3) months are given a rabies vaccine and issued a license in the New Hope Partner’s name at the time the animal is removed from MCACC. There is no cost to the New Hope Partner for this service. If a license expires during a New Hope Partner’s ownership of the animal, it is the responsibility of the New Hope Partner to provide a current rabies vaccination certificate and purchase a license renewal at the current licensing fee.
Transfer of Ownership
New Hope Partners are responsible for transferring the license ownership for each MCACC dog that is adopted or rehomed through the Partner’s organization and must be completed by the New Hope Partner within fifteen (15) days of adoption or transfer of ownership.
- First License Transfer of a New Hoped Dog - In addition to the initial license provided to you, MCACC will provide one (1) license transfer to a new owner at no cost, providing that transfer occurs while the initial license is still valid. This initial license transfer must be done through the New Hope License Transfer Portal.
Visit our Dog License webpage for the most current dog licensing fees.
Note: It is your responsibility as a New Hope Partner to obtain the license transfer, as outlined above, once you adopt out or accept a returned animal. New dog owners cannot go through the New Hope Licensing Portal or our website to complete a license transfer for an adopted New Hope animal.