Permit Actions and Activities

Learn more about permit actions, permit  modifications, and research requests options for permits and parcels located within the unincorporated areas of Maricopa County.

There are several Permit Action Requests that may be submitted for an existing permit:

  • Cancellation – A request to terminate a project and remit payment for any outstanding fees
  • Extension – A request for one free extension of 180 days, if received within 180 days of the permit's expiration date.
  • Refund – A request for a refund (excluding any plan review fees for work already completed) may be submitted, and if approved, a check or credit to the original account will be issued in 4 to 6 weeks.
  • Renewal – A request to renew an expired permit (expired beyond 180 days and less than 365 days). Review the Expired Permits Information (PDF) to determine if your project may qualify for a renewal.

To request one of the above actions for an existing permit, please complete and print the Permit Action Request (PDF) form. If requesting a Renewal, check the Extension option and provide an explanation for the renewal request.

The completed form can be submitted by:

  • Submit Online - save a copy and Submit an Online Inquiry (Select Building Plan Review)
  • Fax – send a copy to 602-506-8510
  • Mail or In Person – send or drop off the form to the Planning & Development Office

Once the completed form has been received, a Department response should be sent within 7 to 10 business days.

  1. Permit Research
  2. Permit Modification