Use SNAP & WIC Benefits at Farmers Markets
SNAP and WIC
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help you buy nutritious foods for a better diet. Visit the info booth at the market to find out how to pay with your EBT (EBT-P) card.
The Women, Infants, Children (WIC) program provides healthcare and nutrition support for low-income pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and children under the age of five. Visit the info booth at the market to find out how to utilize your WIC benefits.
Map of Farmers Markets in Maricopa County
Use our FREE app Maricopa Healthy to see a map of Farmers Markets in Maricopa County, and filter by markets that take SNAP benefits.
Double Up AZ
Spend $1 with your SNAP/EBT Card and get $1 FREE to spend on Arizona-grown fruits & veggies, dried beans, and edible plants and seeds with Double Up Food Bucks.
How to use Double Up Food Bucks at Participating Farmers Markets
- Bring your SNAP Quest/EBT (formerly food stamps) card to a participating Double Up location.
Look for the information booth at the market, and stop there first to learn more.
- Buy SNAP-Eligible items such as fruits, vegetables, bread, dairy, meat, and dried beans.
There is no daily limit on SNAP purchases.
- Get FREE Arizona-grown fresh fruits and vegetables, herbs, dried beans without added ingredients, and plants that produce food with your Double Up Food Bucks.
For every $1 you spend on your SNAP card, you’ll receive $1 in Double Up Food Bucks, up to $20 per day.
WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (WIC FMNP)
WIC Families are eligible for $30 worth of farmers market coupons. Limit one coupon book per family. The program is first come, first served. FMNP vouchers are normally distributed to qualifying participants at authorized distributors February 1st. However, the voucher distribution time frame may change depending on product season. Shop with FMNP coupons from March – November.
How to use WIC FMNP at Participating Farmers Markets
- Link your eWIC card to the EzWIC app on your phone or mobile device.
- Bring your eWIC card and mobile device to a participating farmers market.
- Visit the information booth. Show your eWIC card AND your family balance screen on the EzWIC app to market staff.
- Get $30 worth of coupons to spend on Arizona-grown fresh fruits and vegetables at the market.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)
Seniors over 60 participating in Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) are eligible for $50 worth of farmers market coupons. Limit one $50 coupon booklet per individual per year. The program is first come, first served. FMNP vouchers are normally distributed to qualifying participants at authorized distributors February 1st. However, the voucher distribution time frame may change depending on product season. Shop with FMNP coupons from March – November.
Farmers Market Coalition Infographic: Why Farmers Markets PDF ?